7 topics for the “Secure, clean and efficient energy” Societal Challenge open on May 7th, 2019. With a total budget of 114 M€, these Horizon 2020 calls for proposals will close on August 27th, 2019. Euronovia, your expert consultant in Energy topics, has developed a special offer to assist project coordinators in their H2020 grant application.
Energy calls for proposals 2019
The 7 “Secure, clean and efficient energy” topic calls, which open on 7 May 2019, are related to 4 focus areas. The list of topics below indicates the available budget and the type of funded projects.
Global leadership in renewables: 51 M€
- LC-SC3-RES-7-2019: Solar Energy in Industrial Processes. Total budget: 10 M€. Budget per project : 3-5 M€. Research and Innovation action.
- LC-SC3-RES-16-2019: Development of solutions based on renewable sources that provide flexibility to the energy system. Total budget: 15 M€. Budget per project: 3-5 M€. Research and Innovation action.
- LC-SC3-RES-23-2019: Development of next generation biofuel and alternative renewable fuel technologies for aviation and shipping. Total budget: 20 M€. Budget per project: 3-5 M€. Research and Innovation action.
- LC-SC3-RES-29-2019: Converting Sunlight to storable chemical energy. Total budget: 6 M€. Budget per project: 2-3 M€. Research and Innovation action.
Enabling near-zero CO2 emissions from fossil fuel power plants and carbon intensive industries: 53 M€
- LC-SC3-NZE-4-2019: Integrated solutions for flexible operation of fossil fuel power plants through power-to-X-to-power and/or energy storage. Total budget: 20 M€. Budget per project: 6-10 M€. Innovation action.
- LC-SC3-NZE-5-2019-2020: Low carbon industrial production using CCUS (Carbon capture, utilisation and storage). Total budget: 33 M€. Budget per project: 10-12 M€. Innovation action.
Cross-cutting issues: 10 M€
- LC-SC3-CC-1-2018-2019-2020: Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH) aspects of the Clean-Energy Transition. Total budget: 10 M€. Budget per project: 1-3 M€. Research and Innovation action.
Don’t forget the “Energy Efficiency” calls!
16 calls for proposals related to “Energy Efficiency” are currently open (from 12 March to 3 September 2019). With a total budget of 112 M€, these one-stage calls for proposals concern 5 areas: Buildings, Industry, Consumers & Services, Finance and Public authorities & Policy Support.
Find support for your EU grant application
The European Commission will organise Horizon 2020 Energy Info Days and a Brokerage event on 25-27 June 2019 in Brussels. The event will present the Energy calls and help the applicants and project coordinators to prepare their proposals. Registration is free but mandatory.