The European Research and Innovation Days, the Commission’s flagship event for the future of R&I, will take place from 22 to 24 September 2020. Due to COVID-19, the 2nd edition of the EU R&I Days is organised virtually!
The flagship annual event for the future of R&I
From 22 to 24 September 2020, the European Commission will organise the 2nd edition of the European Research and Innovation Days online. For the second consecutive year, this major EU event will bring together high-level R&I stakeholders: researchers, entrepreneurs, politicians, stakeholders, citizens, etc. The event will be held in Brussels on 22-24 September 2020.
The objective? Strengthening the dialogue to shape the future of research and innovation in Europe. At the core of the debates in 2020: the H2020 Green Deal call, the COVID-19 crisis and the launching of Horizon Europe in early 2021.
The programme of the EU R&I Days is built on two components:
- A policy conference with more than 70 online sessions on 10 themes, during which participants will be invited to contribute;
- The virtual exhibition “Science is wonderful!“, showcasing experiments and demonstrations of research projects for the general public.
Registration is free, but compulsory, here.
On the programme: ten thematic hubs
This year, the EU R&I Days conference programme covers 10 pivotal themes to bring a cross-cutting vision to concrete global problems:
- EU research and innovation policy, around the European Research Area, co-design, open science, etc.;
- The European Green Deal, with an Info Day and a networking session for the H2020 call opening in September;
- A Europe fit for the digital age;
- Horizon Europe, towards the implementation in 2021 of the next (and most ambitious) research and innovation framework programme;
- EU Missions, a novelty in Horizon Europe to tackle major contemporary challenges;
- Smart implementation and synergies, to maximise impact and funding;
- International cooperation;
- European Innovation Council (EIC) and the funding opportunities for start-ups and innovative SMEs;
- European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), including the 2021-2027 strategy;
- European Research Council, excellent research driven by scientific curiosity.
Euronovia involved in the EU R&I Days!
As last year, Euronovia’s expert consultants will actively participate in the EU R&I Days 2020. Join us to debate online on the future of research and innovation :).
During the 2019 edition, we participated in the launching of the European Working Group of Innovation Consultants (EWGIC), which focused on the recognition of professional management of EU projects. The initiative is therefore celebrating its first anniversary this September!